View Courses and Register:
- ZNMC-1194: Film Crew Intensive Training with Short Film Production (Now Enrolling for Jan 16, 2024 Start)
- The Film Crew Intensive prepares future film and media technicians and crew members for entry-level positions by providing a unique opportunity to learn directly from professionals working on Cleveland feature films and commercial sets. It was developed with the help of the Greater Cleveland Film Commission and IATSE Local 209. Tri-C Film Academy trainees will work side by side with — and be mentored by — IATSE film industry professionals in various departments.
- ZNMCZNMC0105: Visual Post-Production for Film II (Now Enrolling for Jan 22, 2024 Start)
- This course is designed to advance the knowledge and skills of the post-production process for narrative film. Trainees will build upon their knowledge learned from Visual Post-Production for Film I to complete a project. Practical exercises will include the conforming process, color grading, simple visual effects, credits creation, adding the final audio mix and exporting the completed project for several playback systems. Trainees will leave this class with the skills needed to perform the role of assistant editor in the studio for movie and commercial projects.
- ZFLM-1020: Find Your Voice: Voice Acting (Now Enrolling for Feb 1, 2024 Start)
- This eight-session workshop is instructor-led and will focuses on voice-over technique and execution. Learn voice-over techniques and best practices for marketing your skills from a 30-year veteran of TV, film, voice-over and stage – Jean Zarzour.
- ZNMC-1200: Production Assistant Workshop (Not currently enrolling)
- This introductory workshop offers practical hands-on training to prepare you for a career as a production assistant on a movie set. Explore responsibilities, other positions and hierarchy, walkie-talkie and set etiquette and lingo, call sheet and sides creation, production paperwork, resume writing and next steps.
Overview of the Academy
Tri-C’s Film Academy is an intensive program that offers a streamlined series of courses designed to maximize professional instruction in a fraction of the time. The goal is to train a workforce for hire in entry-level positions on broadcast, film, commercial, video game or industrial productions in Northeast Ohio and the surrounding region. Courses serve as the beginning of a student’s industry networking experience and the first step toward getting a foot in the door of the local motion picture production industry.
- Understand the pre-production and production processes of filmmaking.
- Taught by industry professionals who can hire or recommend participants for hire.
- Network with film industry professionals and other trainees.
- Access to educational opportunities in the moving image industries.
- Scholarships are available. Workforce Training Scholarship Information
Tri-C’s Film Academy courses were developed with help from the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, industry professionals and members of IATSE Local 209 with the goal of properly training and growing the media industry workforce in Northeast Ohio. The training is designed to give maximum professional instruction in a fraction of the time while providing networking opportunities with industry professionals and fellow trainees.
Studios shooting movies in Cleveland look to hire as many local crewmembers as possible. Those jobs go to people who can walk onto a set and know what to do, and producers know they can find skilled entry-level workers at the Tri-C Film Academy.
Have a question about the Film Academy and its courses? Fill out this form and someone will contact you!