Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit
From diverse landscapes to a solid crew base and low cost of living, Ohio offers a vast range of incentives for your next production. The Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit provides a refundable tax credit that equals 30% of in-state expenditures (above and below the line) on eligible productions.
Eligible productions must spend a minimum of $300,000 in the State of Ohio and may include:
• Feature-length films
• Documentaries (long-form, specials, miniseries, series and interstitial television programming)
• Interactive Web sites
• Sound recordings
• Music videos
• Interactive television
• Interactive games
• Any format of digital media
Completed application packet must include:
• Signed Completed Application Form
• Signed Tax Disclosure Form
• Production budget
• Shooting script and script synopsis
• Documentation of financial ability to undertake and complete the project
• Trade secret information summary and justification (if applicable)
Click below to apply
Ohio Development Services Agency
Ohio Film Office
77 South High Street, Floor 28
Columbus, Ohio 43215
For more information, contact the Ohio Film Office at (614) 644-5156 or [email protected].
We understand your production needs.
• Affordable locations and low to fee-free permits
• No bed tax is incurred after a 30-day consecutive stay.
• The cost of living in Ohio is roughly 35%.
• 41% less expensive than the Los Angeles region and over 50% less expensive than Manhattan.
• Urban, suburban and rural communities
• Deep forests and majestic bodies of water
• Industrial town squares and innovative city blocks
• Rolling hills and farmland
• A range of period architecture
• All in close proximity
You can hire your crew locally. Ohio’s experienced and dedicated base is ready to work across our state.
Outstanding Customer Service
Working as your partner, Ohio cities, counties and state government will support and assist your production every step of the way. The Ohio Film Office acts as the one-stop-shop to get your production rolling.
Ohio’s crews, businesses, local government and citizens welcome filming. In addition to being knowledgeable about a production’s needs, Ohio boasts a film-friendly environment ready to support you.
With Ohio’s rich history of theater and film, the talent pool is ready to assume a starring, supporting or day-player role. As the seventh most populous state in the country, Ohio also provides a vast extra pool.
If your production falls between seasons, you can maximize your production value. No added special effects or set alterations.
Attractions and Entertainment
• Professional sports teams, including the 2016 NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers.
• World-renowned orchestras and art museums.
• Antique shopping.
• Amusement parks.
• Eclectic and diverse neighborhoods to explore.
• Country getaways and island escapes.
• Culinary destinations.
Accommodations and Travel
• Luxury hotels.
• Charming boutique hotels and bed and breakfasts.
• Major airports with commercial hubs and international service.