Playhouse Square is now hiring for multiple positions.
Playhouse Square a not-for-profit performing arts center whose mission is presenting and producing a wide variety of quality performing arts, advancing arts education and creating a destination that is a superior location for entertainment, business and residential living, thereby strengthening the economic vitality of the region.
For a complete list of job openings, click here.
- Full Time/Benefits
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the department.
- Supervise daily activities of Accounting staff.
- Develop and maintain standard accounting procedures and internal audit procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of all financial statements and reports. Responsible for updated projections throughout the fiscal year.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for the completion of the annual audit and any special audits. Supervise coordination of fieldwork, preparation of year end financial statements, support schedules, and footnotes for the annual audit.
- Responsible for preparation of annual tax returns, tax filings, and operational licenses.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of departmental expenses and profit centers to ensure proper and adequate reporting and controls.
- Manage short and long term cash flow to maximize investment income. Work with Board Investment Committee to analyze and manage endowment funds.
- Responsible for the selection and administration of Playhouse Square’s comprehensive insurance program. Work with broker to manage insurance risks and claims.
- Responsible for communicating with lenders, and providing financial reports and covenant calculations, as required.
- Responsible for selection and management of accounting software and upgrades; responsible for interface of accounting software with HR and Operational software.
- Part Time
- Rate of Pay: $13/hr
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the department.
- Implement all contractual hospitality requirements, insure the comfort of performers and serve as liaison between Playhouse Square and artist and artist’s staff.
- Provide accurate and timely knowledge of local conditions to artist and artist’s staff, i.e. directions, drugstore, restaurants, recreation, doctors, etc.
- Assign dressing rooms in consultation with production team.
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace.
- Distribute linens and towels as needed and gather them for laundry pickup at end of load out.
- Wash dishes and do laundry as needed.
- Provide transportation for artists and crews and run errands, as needed.