Playhouse Square is now hiring for multiple positions.
Playhouse Square a not-for-profit performing arts center whose mission is presenting and producing a wide variety of quality performing arts, advancing arts education and creating a destination that is a superior location for entertainment, business and residential living, thereby strengthening the economic vitality of the region.
For a complete list of job openings, click here.
If you are interested in applying for any of the following positions, submit a resume along with a cover letter detailing your qualifications:
- To the following address: Playhouse Square, Human Resources Department, 1501 Euclid Avenue, Suite 200, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Email to [email protected]
- Fax to 216-771-0217
- Should it be determined that your qualifications are among the best suited for the position, the Human Resources Department will contact you. No telephone calls, please. Please include in your letter the position for which you are applying.
- Playhouse Square requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot, when eligible. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on an individual basis.
Chief Financial Officer
- Posted: Jan 29, 2024
- Please include a cover letter with salary requirements
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the department.
- Supervise daily activities of Accounting staff.
- Develop and maintain standard accounting procedures and internal audit procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of all financial statements and reports. Responsible for updated projections throughout the fiscal year.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Responsible for the completion of the annual audit and any special audits. Supervise coordination of fieldwork, preparation of year end financial statements, support schedules, and footnotes for the annual audit.
- Responsible for preparation of annual tax returns, tax filings, and operational licenses.
- Maintain ongoing analysis of departmental expenses and profit centers to ensure proper and adequate reporting and controls.
- Manage short and long term cash flow to maximize investment income. Work with Board Investment Committee to analyze and manage endowment funds.
- Responsible for the selection and administration of Playhouse Square’s comprehensive insurance program. Work with broker to manage insurance risks and claims.
- Responsible for communicating with lenders, and providing financial reports and covenant calculations, as required.
- Responsible for selection and management of accounting software and upgrades; responsible for interface of accounting software with HR and Operational software.
Box Office Event Supervisor
- Posted: Jan 31, 2024
- Please include a cover letter with a minimum hourly rate requirement and a resume when applying.
- Embrace Playhouse Square values and programs that further Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the department.
- Supervise the operation of the Box Office during event mode.
- Assist patrons face-to-face during events at the Box Office, answer inbound calls, patron emails and return related voicemails.
- Accurately input and maintain patron data and sales documentation using the Audience View and Salesforce platforms.
- Complete show settlements for Company Managers and run relevant reports for show promoters, on-site resident company reps, or for Playhouse Square cast members.
- Provide guest name & seating info reports, and seating maps for House Management and Window staff, and parking reports for the PSQ and Hanna garages.
- Set up and break down Fortress scanners for each event.
- Maintain constant communications with all House Management providing regular house count updates, and any seating availability changes; troubleshoot and resolve in-house seating issues.
- Attend and reinforce service excellence and Audience View training with staff.
- Provide constant feedback to Box Office Manager regarding all aspects of curtain management.
- Provide feedback of staff performance and input for performance evaluations.
- Supervise Box Office Ticket Concierges when acting supervisor on duty.
- Assist with printing ticket batches and filing tickets.
- Direct opening and closing of windows, including cash outs.