SOURCE: FOX 8 Cleveland | Roosevelt Leftwich
February 17, 2021
CLEVELAND (WJW) — It is actually a 29-minute commercial of sorts.
The Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company was touting the magic and industry of electric power. And that power was generated at the time at its new, massive lakeshore coal fired plant, which then was the largest in the world … or, as the title suggests, was “The Heart of Cleveland.”
The 1924 silent film is a rare look at the city before Terminal Tower, before Interstate 90 and before movies even talked.