Careers In Film Art Department Workshop, featuring Art Director Geza Kassai.
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, IATSE Local 209 (Crew Union), and the Cleveland Institute of Art Careers In Film Workshop: Art Department, featuring Art Director Geza Kassai (JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH, WHITE BOY RICK, I SEE YOU, I’M A VIRGO, and more).
Topics that were covered in this workshop included:
- Breaking into the film industry
- Department hierarchy, job descriptions
- Deep-dive into the Set Designer role
- Examples of Set Design
- Specific skills productions seek most
- How the Art Director works with:
- Special Effects, Visual Effects
- Props, Set Decoration, Greens
- Picture Cars, Construction
ABOUT GEZA KASSAI
Geza Kassai’s expertise spans both the architecture and the entertainment industries. After decades of experience across the country in the corporate, industrial, retail, commercial, and residential sectors, he transitioned into film and TV, initially as a set designer, progressing up the ranks to become an accomplished art director. Whether he’s shaping physical spaces through architecture, or breathing life into fictional worlds through film and TV, Geza’s multidisciplinary expertise and relentless pursuit of innovation set him apart as a dynamic force in the creative industry.