Northeast Ohio veterans: Have a story to tell? Enjoy writing poetry? Working on a novel or memoir? Join Veterans’ Voices, Literary Cleveland’s FREE creative writing classes for Veterans to generate new writing, complete in-class exercises, receive feedback on your work, get inspired by great readings, and bond with fellow group members. This project, led by poet and Veteran Mansa L. Bey, will culminate in the publication of an anthology of writing that will be shared with the public. Have fun with writing. Discover your voice. Tell your story. All genres and experience levels are welcome.
Kickoff Event in-person at the downtown Cleveland Public Library
– Saturday, October 1 from 10am-12pm at 525 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114
Writing Workshops Phase 1 (Oct-Nov, 2022)
– 4-week prose workshop – Mondays, Oct. 3-24 from 6:30-8:30pm online
– 4-week poetry workshop – Wednesdays, Oct. 5-26 from 6:30-8:30pm online
– 4-week prose workshop – Mondays, Nov. 7-28 from 6:30-8:30pm online
– 4-week poetry workshop – Wednesdays, Nov. 9-30 from 6:30-8:30pm online
Youngstown Writing Workshops
– In-person writing workshop led by Lit Youngstown – details TBD
Writing Workshops Phase 2 (Jan-Mar, 2023)
– 8-week prose workshop – Tuesdays, Jan. 10-Feb. 28 from 6:30-8:30pm online
– 8-week poetry workshop – Wednesdays, Jan. 11-Mar. 1 from 6:30-8:30pm online
Anthology Publication (June, 2023)
Register for the day and time that works best for you!
Literary Cleveland is proud to present these free writing workshops specifically for local veterans in partnership with the VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System. For more information, please contact a Whole Health Team Member at (216) 791-3800 ext. 62257 or 62394.
NOTE: These free programs are only for those who have served in the United States Armed Forces or military.
This program is possible thanks to funding from the Char and Chuck Fowler Family Foundation and a National Endowment for the Arts Creative Forces Community Engagement grant.