High school students from Northeast Ohio have until June 13th at 11:59 pm to audition for Menorah Park’s fifth annual Shining Star CLE singing competition.
Shining Star CLE is a unique solo-singing competition giving Northeast Ohio high school students the chance to compete for college scholarships. Students graduating between 2022 and 2025 from Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit and Wayne counties are eligible to enter.
AUDITION & COMPETITION
Students must submit a three-minute (max) video performing a song of choice and upload the video HERE. Piano accompaniment, personal instrument usage, or acapella are preferred but recorded accompaniment is allowed.
- Round 1 – Online video auditions between April 1 – June 13, 2021
- Round 2 – Virtual “live” auditions June 28 – 29, 2021
- Round 3 – Virtual Semifinals July 11, 2021
Virtual finals performance and competition will be live streamed and open to the public on August 29th, 2021 at 7:00 pm.
THE JUDGING PROCESS
Contestants will be judged by independent, accomplished, musical professionals representing the wonderful diversity of Northeast Ohio and who are qualified in a wide variety of musical genres including, but not limited to, pop, R&B, classical, jazz and musical theater. For online audition screening, live auditions and semifinals, a panel of judges will choose the students who will advance to the following rounds. The Finals judges will select the top four students following the initial pre-recorded performances. The top four will perform a second time, then the audience, in conjunction with the judges, will select the order of the winners.
- 1st place – $10,000 college scholarship, $2,500 for your high school music department, and the ability to perform with the Cleveland Pops Orchestra
- 2nd place – $5,000 college scholarship
- 3rd place – $2,500 college scholarship
- 4th place – $1,000 college scholarship
Learn more at ShiningStarCLE.org.