The Cleveland State University School of Film & Media Arts is now hiring a Visiting Assistant College Lecturer in Film & Media Arts – Cinematography.
The School of Film and Media Arts at Cleveland State University seeks applications for a Visiting Assistant College Lecturer in Film & Media Arts – Cinematography, starting August 21, 2023. CSU is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. CSU is striving to be a nationally recognized and student-focused public research institution that provides accessible, affordable, and Engaged Learning opportunities for all.
This position will teach four courses per semester and engage in service duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience in cinematography and lighting design for film, video, and media arts. Current and fluent knowledge of advanced processes and techniques in professional high-definition video formats, and significant experience with digital tools, techniques, and workflows are essential. Candidates should be able to teach a broad variety of film and media arts courses, particularly beginning and advanced cinematography, as well as beginning, intermediate, and advanced film production classes.
Located on the top floor of the Idea Center building in downtown Cleveland’s Playhouse Square, the School of Film & Media Arts has a 72 credit BFA program focusing on the creation of original work with six tracks: Writing and Directing, Writing and Producing, Acting and Directing, Cinematography, Post-Production and Interactive Media. The state-of-the-art 36,000 square foot facility includes two sound stages with 10K LED lighting instruments, a 10gb network with Avid Nexis media server, iMac teaching labs, a well-equipped equipment cage with 4K acquisition, and spectacular views of the city and Lake Erie.
• Master’s degree in film or related field
• Two years of professional experience with camera or film lighting departments;
• Ability to contribute to the film school through teaching and/or service, cultural inclusion, and excellence to the CSU community.
• Terminal degree (MFA or Ph.D.) in a relevant field;
• Evidence of two years of experience as a Director of Photography in a professional environment;
• Successful teaching experience at the university level;
• Evidence of knowledge and ability to apply set etiquette and production workflow;
• National/international narrative film cinematography credits;
• Two years of direct experience with Sony camera systems, with proficiency when shooting in sLog;
• Two years of direct experience working with traditional grip or electric equipment;
• Demonstrable experience producing a film, from inception through distribution.
Applications will be exclusively accepted online at https://hrjobs.csuohio.edu/postings/18930. Mailed or emailed application materials will not be accepted. Questions should be directed to James Joyce, Search Committee Chair, School of Film & Media Arts – [email protected].
Preference will be given to complete application submitted before February 23, 2023. Finalists will be interviewed through video conference and/or campus visit. Candidates must be able to work in the United States on or before July 1, 2023.