Perspectives Assistant | CIFF44 – APPLY HERE
Seasonal / Posted January 27, 2020
Salary & Timing
- This is a seasonal, contracted position from approximately March 14, 2020 through April 6, 2020
- Compensation is $12/hour
- Perspectives Management
- CIFF Full-time Staff
Perspectives is an immersive storytelling exhibition, showcasing interactive media, virtual reality, and more. Perspectives is part of the Cleveland International Film Festival (CIFF), which this year, will be held March 25-April 5, 2020 at Tower City Cinemas. The exhibition is located in Tower City Center Level M2 and is free and open to the public, March 26-April 5, 2020.
Perspectives Assistants provide a friendly and informative customer experience to patrons of the exhibition including offering assistance operating and maintaining exhibition equipment as well as answering questions regarding the interactive media and virtual reality content.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with CIFF staff via email and in-person
- Greet visitors and serve as the “face of the Festival,” answering questions and directing them to the appropriate exhibits
- Manage crowd flow in to and out of the Perspectives exhibition space including organizing visitor lines as well as monitoring capacity and limiting attendance as needed
- Supervise the use of Perspectives equipment and displays, performing regular equipment maintenance and troubleshooting technical difficulties as needed
- Manage environmental conditions including cleanliness and orderliness of the Perspectives space
- Attend one of two required Perspectives training sessions (Saturday, March 21st from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM or Monday, March 23rd from 6:00-8:00 PM)
- Attend the CIFF44 Staff Orientation (Saturday, March 14th from 9:00-10:30 AM) and CIFF44 Pep Rally (Tuesday, March 24th from 8:30-10:00 AM)
- Excellent customer service including the ability to maintain a positive attitude and projecting “the Festival spirit” when interacting with patrons, staff, and volunteers
- Technical aptitude including operating laptops and desktops, Samsung smart phones, and virtual reality headsets and software
- Advanced communication skills including the ability to articulate effectively and patiently the instructions for using the Perspectives equipment and familiarity with Perspectives content to offer suggestions and guidance
- Problem assessment and solving including anticipating needs and potential issues, and working efficiently in a lively work environment
- Interpersonal skills including understanding roles and boundaries, and the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Familiarity with interactive media and virtual reality equipment and content
- Prior volunteer or staff experience with the Cleveland International Film Festival
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply
- Must be a U.S. citizen to apply
- This position requires the ability to stand for the entire shift
- Perspectives team members work during the Festival (approximately March 26-April 5, 2020)
- Minimum expectation of hours worked is 20 (four 5 hour shifts)
All Perspectives team members are considered independent contractors for the Cleveland International Film Festival and are not considered employees of the organization. Scheduling is not guaranteed and can be altered prior to or even during a scheduled shift. Contracted team members are compensated only for time worked, not for time scheduled.
Important Note: CIFF seasonal team members receive a CIFF staff badge, allowing them access to one free ticket per CIFF screening, when available and with restrictions. CIFF seasonal team members are only allowed to attend a CIFF screening if they are not on scheduled and only when all other passholders, ticket holders, and Stand By ticket holders have been seated and there is still space available in the theater. Please note that seeing films during the Festival is sometimes an unlikely scenario.