The Black List and WIF will invite six to eight promising non-professional television writers who are of an underrepresented gender (women, NB/GNC, and/or trans, and others) to the Lab.
The Lab will run twice weekly for four weeks beginning on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 and will consist of script development, pitching, peer workshopping sessions, and Master Classes with established writers and industry executives. Writers can also submit their script directly through WIF. All Lab sessions will be held in-person on Tuesday and Thursday evenings in Los Angeles in October 2022, COVID-permitting.
- Submission Period Opens January 5, 2022
- Evaluations Deadline (optional)* June 10, 2022
- Submission Period Closes July 24, 2022
- Short List Writers Notified July 25, 2022
- Personal Statements Due August 1, 2022
- Zoom Interviews August 30-31, 2022
- Final Participants Notified September 1, 2022
- Lab Begins October 4, 2022
* In order for new script evaluations to qualify for consideration for the Lab, they must be purchased by midnight on the Evaluations Deadline. Please note, purchase of an evaluation is not required for consideration to participate in the Episodic Lab. We do strongly encourage writers to consider having their script evaluated.
Please note, applicants can apply through the Black List and/or WIF, however instructions are different for each platform.
Participants must be able to provide proof of vaccination (including boosters per current CDC guidelines) and willing to test for COVID-19 infection prior to arriving at the in-person portion of the program.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
From the Black List submissions, up to 12 writers will be invited, based on the strength of their scripts, to submit a one-page personal statement and professional resume. In addition, WIF will generate their own short list of up to 12 writers who submitted directly to WIF. From the total of those 24 submissions, up to 15 writers will be invited to interview. From those interviews, 6-8 writers will be selected by the Black List and WIF to participate in the Lab.